The Margaret Rudder Community Service Award seeks to recognize and award those who significantly impact their community and, as a result, are themselves impacted by that contribution. This award is designed to inspire student volunteerism on a continual basis, encouraging the utilization of various service organizations and the Leadership and Service Center.
Nominees must have completed one semester at Texas A&M University at the time of nomination. Nominees must be a full-time student in a degree-granting course of study, be in good academic standing, and have a satisfactory conduct record. Nominees cannot be on academic or other probation. Graduating seniors in their last semester are eligible to be nominated and do not need to be enrolled full time. Awards will be presented during the Service Conference in April.
Awards of up to $500 will be presented without regard to academic classification, and the monetary award will be deposited into the winners’ student accounts. You will be notified by the end of March. A copy of the recipient letter will be sent to the Financial Aid Office.
*Please note that when this scholarship is awarded, a student’s financial aid packet may be at their Cost of Attendance (COA). If a student receiving this scholarship is at COA, the financial aid office will reduce loan funds or other aid on their packet. This would mean that the students would not receive any funds back in the form of a refund. If you are a student on financial aid, please know your status before seeking nomination.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- The nomination must be completed using the link below.
- The nomination will require a response to questions and the submission of supporting documents.
- The submission deadline for the nomination and supporting documentation must be met in order to be considered.
- All submissions are subject to verification to ensure integrity.
- Please email email@example.com with any questions, or if you have trouble accessing the application.