About the Community Engagement & Impact Summit
The Community Engagement & Impact Summit acknowledges Texas A&M students and faculty who are dedicated to the Aggie Core Value of Selfless Service, highlighting efforts that have made a lasting impact on the community including the Margaret Rudder Community Service Award, Hunger-Free Texas project, and the Service-Learning Faculty Fellow Program.
- The Margaret Rudder Community Service Award recognizes and awards students who significantly impact their community and, as a result, are themselves impacted by that contribution.
- The Hunger-Free Texas Program involves students in an interdisciplinary service-learning course charged with increasing the service provided by agencies affiliated with the Central Texas Food Bank.
- The Service-Learning Faculty Fellows are a competitively selected group of faculty who are committed to selfless service. They champion this core value by involving students in high-impact service-learning experiences.
Read more about the Community Engagement & Impact Summit here.
Attend the Summit
Participants of the Summit can expect to be informed and inspired! A tentative schedule includes:
- Opening remarks from key stakeholders in the Leadership and Service Center
- Presentations by students participating in the Hunger-Free Texas project – presenting results from their semester-long projects focused on improving operational efficiency of agencies affiliated with the Central Texas Food Bank to increase their impact on the community.
- Recognition of the Margaret Rudder Community Service Award recipients and Service-Learning Faculty Fellows
- Presentation of awards to the Hunger-Free Texas project winners
- Lunch is also included
None of this would be possible without our Summit partners who have included: Office of the Dean of Faculties, Office of the Provost, Department of Engineering Technology and Industrial Distribution, Department of Sociology, Center for Teaching Excellence, Undergraduate Studies, Public Partnership and Outreach, and the Office of Sustainability.
Upcoming Events/Dates to Remember
- December 7, 2018 – Application for Margaret Rudder Community Service Awards opens
- December 7, 2018 – Hunger Free Texas Project Proposal Opens
- March 19, 2019 – Deadline for Margaret Rudder Community Service Awards
- March 19, 2019 – Deadline for Project Proposals
- April 18, 2019 – Community Engagement & Impact Summit