Risk Initiative Funding
Eligibility - It is important for you to review this prior to applying for funds
Risk Initiative Funding is available for all Recognized Student Organizations at Texas A&M University. Recognized Student Organizations may request Risk Initiative Funding if:
Your organization is in compliance with recognition procedures. If you have any questions about the status of your organization,ï¿½contact Student Activities.ï¿½
Monies requested are specifically for costs associated with risk management. The circumstance for your request must be a unique, unforeseen expense related to risk management expenses - such as unanticipated and/or new expectations for which your organization did not anticipate budgeting
- Your organization has completed a Pre-Event Planning Form for the event for which funds are requested.
Source of Funds
The money is donated by The Association of Former Students.
Application Process - You MUST complete following before your application is considered.
- Complete a Risk Initiative Funding request form and a Pre-Event Planning Form located at http://studentactivities.tamu.edu/risk/eventplanning.htm and submit to the Department of Student Activities located in Rm 125 of the John J. Koldus Building.
- Include an exact, itemized budget with specific costs and copies of quotes for the event, as well as an overall budget for your organization
- Be sure your advisor and chief student leader review and sign the Pre-Event Planning Form and funding requests.
- Funds must be used for the purpose under which they were allocated.
- Any money allocated, but not used, WILL be returned to the Department of Student Activities Risk Initiative Fund.
- After the event has occurred, the organization must provide the Student Organization Finance Center with receipts from the event, along with appropriate SOFC forms for payment. Additionally, the student organization must then provide to the Department of Student Activities within ten (10) days of the event a written explanation and copies of the SOFC receipts to show how the money was used to benefit the student organization.
Things the Committee Analyzes
- The circumstance for your request as a unique, unforeseen expense related to risk management expenses - such as unanticipated and/or new expectations that your organization did not anticipate budgeting for
- The event/activity for which you are requesting funds must be linked to the mission and purpose of your organization, and there is evidence of this in your request for funding
- Explanation of whether or not your department/umbrella organization has risk management expectations
- Exact, itemized budget that includes specific costs and copies of quotes
- Emergency/crisis-management situations
- Signatures of advisor and chief student leader
- Percentage of actual event expenses that the funding request comprises
- Evidence of organization's display of initiative to pay for the event
Applications are reviewed within 10 working days of receipt.
Department of Student Activities staff and a team of student leaders comprise the committee that decides the amount your organization will receive.
You will receive notification stating your final allocation approximately two weeks after the submission of your request.
Questions regarding this process should be directed to: email@example.com