The Margaret Rudder Community Service Award seeks to recognize and award those who significantly impact their community and, as a result, are themselves impacted by that contribution. This award is designed to inspire student volunteerism on a continual basis, encouraging the utilization of various service organizations and the Leadership and Service Center.
You must have completed one semester at Texas A&M University at the time of application. You must be a full-time student in a degree-granting course of study, be in good academic standing, and have a satisfactory conduct record. You cannot be on academic or other probation. Graduating seniors in their last semester are eligible to apply and do not need to be enrolled full time. Awards will be presented during the Annual Community Service Agency Breakfast in the fall or at a special luncheon sponsored by Student Activities during the spring semester.
Awards of up to $500 will be presented without regard to academic classification, and the monetary award will be deposited into the winners’ student accounts. You will be notified by the end of March. A copy of the recipient letter will be sent to the Financial Aid Office.
*Please note that when this scholarship is awarded, a student’s financial aid packet may be at their Cost of Attendance (COA). If a student receiving this scholarship is at COA, the financial aid office will reduce loan funds or other aid on your packet. This would be a wash and you would not be getting any funds back in a refund. If you are a student on financial aid, please know your status before applying.
Nominate a Recipient
If you would like to nominate a student to receive the Margaret Rudder Community Service Award, please email your nomination to email@example.com. The nomination email should include the nominee’s name and contact email, along with your name and contact info. All submissions are subject to verification to ensure integrity.
Apply for the Award
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- The application must be completed on Maroonlink. Follow the URL listed below and sign-in using your Net ID and password.
- The application will require a response to essay questions and the submission of a recommendation letter. It is recommended that you prepare your essay responses and acquire a copy of the recommendation letter before filling out this application.
- Recommendation letters can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by 5pm on February 27, 2017.
- The submission deadline for the application and recommendation letter must be met in order to be considered.
- All submissions are subject to verification to ensure integrity.
- Please email email@example.com with any questions, or if you have trouble accessing the application.